Wednesday, July 24, 2013

ARE STORM CLOUDS GATHERING OVER THE PLANTATION?

I helped organize a rally in Lozada Park -Hartford, CT- recently to give neighborhood people a chance to vent about Trayvon Martin. People are upset about George Zimmerman being acquitted of Trayvon's death. While 300 plus people gathered at Lozada Park another dynamic took me by complete surprise. During and after several speeches, comments were made about my recent firing by the Department of Children and Families and Connecticut Juvenile Training School. The media reported my position " the termination is due to my activism and use of free speech rights in pointing out bias--injustice." In the Northend of Hartford and other areas people see DCF as having been punitive in their handling of me. At the rally most conversation revolved around how to answer the bold action toward me from a state agency.

Let it be known there are people in the community planning demonstrations toward CJTS/DCF in the near future. I want to be clear it is not Cornell Lewis who will be out there in front of these agencies but other people. It is not Cornell planning this but the mixed rabble. When people commit certain actions, the ramifications of those deeds take on a life of their own. In this case dark clouds- of community distrust and anger- are gathering over the DCF Plantation which might morph into something else.
In closing let me state it is my hope the community does not go buck wild and demonstrate etc, yet the situation is not being controlled by me.
I just wanted to inform the public about what is happening in Hartford's Northend.

No comments:

Post a Comment