Sunday, August 19, 2012

RUEL CATCHING HELL

Dear Joette Katz      --  Commissioner  DCF       ,   Connecticut             8-14-2012
     My name is Ruel Raphael and I’m an Instructional Assistant at Connecticut Juvenile
Training School , and also a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.  Currently I’m
going through unfair treatment, discrimination, and harassment at CJTS.  I’m
writing in regards to two unsatisfactory ratings that I received.  One was for this year, and
the other was from last year.  Currently I’m serving a 30 day suspension for computer use. 
I’ve been discriminated, harassed, and treated unfairly by John Mattera , his
administration, and human resources for the past two years. I have pages of
documentation that shows that I’ve been targeted by them, and that I’ve been subject to
retaliation from them.  I also did my own investigation in regards to my co-workers /  
administration, and it’s shocking how a person like myself can be treated unfairly /
different because of skin color, cultural background, or simply because I’m loved by
many and hated by few.  I did a FOI ( Freedom Of Information) on just 15 employees
at CJTS and the results showed that if everyone was suspended for 30 days in regards to
non-work related computer use, then the facility would have to be closed.

      The FOI  shows that many higher management and teachers are on non work related
websites during work hours.  One teacher has been on over 20,000 sites within a year.  I
also noticed that a higher management person was on a match-making dating web-site. 
Last year I was given an unsatisfactory for attendance, this year I was given a fair.  My
first three years I got a good for attendance, and my attendance was worse my first three
years than these past two years at CJTS.  If my co-workers attendance was pulled and
reviewed, it will show that my attendance was better than many over the past two
years, and they still got a better rating than me.  My second unsatisfactory was given
because I got this 30 day suspension that started August 13,, 2012 and ends September 24,
2012.  I’m not the first person to be suspended for thirty days, and probably won’t be the
last. But when I told one of my co-workers – whom is a white male-  that I was given an
unsatisfactory for getting a 30 day suspension  he said  “ that’s bullshit Ruel,” because he
got a 30 day suspension before along with some other folks and never got an
unsatisfactory rating. 
     I’m putting all of my facts and documents together that shows that I’ve been subjected
to unfair treatment, harassment, and discrimination.  There has been a long time media
coverage of discrimination at the Connecticut Juvenile Training School, but never did I
think that I would be subjected to it.  To my knowledge there are multiple lawsuits
pending in federal court for discrimination at CJTS.  Currently I have no lawsuit pending,
because I’m all about justice at the moment, but my goal is to seek professional legal
counsel over these matters that is ruining my life.  Life is about freedom, peace, and
equality. If I’m suspended for computer use, then everyone that is guilty should be
suspended for computer use. What ever happened to whats good for the goose is good for
the gander?
      They have a goal to fire me, but at the end of the day, it was all a set up, and
is very unfair.  I could have at least got a warning.  This all happened in 2011, and I’m
just now getting suspended for it.  They dragged this out for almost a year.  With
consecutive unsatisfactory ratings an employee can be dismissed, but from the examples
that I have stated – I hope that you can see the unfair treatment, discrimination, and
harassment. The examples that I have given is nothing compared to everything that I have
documented.  Why does discrimination have to still exist in the American work  force? 
Is this the American way? Ms. Katz would you honestly agree with me?  I’m 43 years old,
and I’ve never been subjected to anything like this in my life.  Discrimination is illegal
within agencies that are federally funded.  This matter needs to be investigated from a
federal level, because people lives and families are being seriously ruined. Discrimination
/ Harassment needs to end at the Connecticut Juvenile Training School
Kindest Regards
And Have A Blessed Day
Ruel Raphael

No comments:

Post a Comment