Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A CHRISTIAN REPLY TO RECENT BLOG STORY

 This reply is from Rob Daniels about a story recently posted on this blog titled : Has the acceptance of Christianity robbed blacks of their will to fight oppression ?
 
..and it is a very good question. Exactly what the answer is or needs to be, I cannot answer that. It is a complex issue as well. Particularly given the history in our nation as it relates to black bodies. I do know this, I suspect you may be on to something in a very real senseCornell... in that the swiftness of "forgiveness" being offered in the case of the Charleston terrorist is irksome to many. The recent NY Times article by Roxane Gay addresses some of what I think maybe quite a few people feel about this issue. Still, I can't help but wonder what the other option(s) are... it seems to me that in light of all that cannot be controlled in cases such as these, the one thing that can be decided is how to go forward in one's own heart and mind... is that answer to forgive and move on or is it something else? I can't say with certainty what that is.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment